Adventist Review Statements
Strange quotes of Adventist Review
- "The word lost in the New Testament does not mean that someone is damned or doomed." Adventist Review, April 1, 1993, p 21. (NOTE: Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible translates the word "lost" (#622) to mean "to destroy, die, lose, mar, perish.")
- "...God is not keeping a record of our sins up there [in heaven]..." Adventist Review, September 8, 1988, p 10.
- "...the truth, as we understand it for this end time, is real, its relevant, its defensible, it will stand the test of scrutiny." Robert Folkenberg, from a taped Question & Answer talk show titled "Issues and Interviews," hosted by Don Snyder (president of Northern California Conference), February 19, 1993 from 8:00-10:00 pm on KCDS (an SDA radio station in Angwin, California).
The Truth as God shares it is defensible! Only Rome, or sisters of Rome proclaim THEIR understating is all powerful.
- "'If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness' (1 John 1:9). This is the overcoming of sin..." Cornerstone Connections Youth Quarterly, 2nd Quarter, 1994, p 62, Review and Herald Publishing Association. (Other statements along this same line; Adventist Review, October 27, 1983, p 5, Adventist Review, October 24, 1985, p 5, Adventist Review, June 2, 1988, p 10.)
- "Because His humanity [nature] was sinless, Jesus could not experience the inner...urgings of sinful humans." Adventist Review, February 1, 1990, p 21.
That is Roman Catholic theology to proclaim Jesus did not understand the urgings of man. Is it not written in Hebrews 4:15, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
- "...God took the initiative to forgive and accept them in their sins..." Adventist Review, January 7, 1988, p 14.
As an exCatholic and teacher of Catholic doctrine, I know this is exactly what Rome teaches. They say you can be saved IN your sins. But the Word says Christ saves us FROM our sins!
For many more strange quotes from the SDA church, see this... http://www.lightministries.com/SDA/id44.htm